A bit of a mouthful of a name but they deserve it. Little bites of creamy bounty-ish absolute delight.
These raw cherry bounty bars are vegan, gluten free, made with whole organic unrefined ingredients and full of good fats, protein and antioxidants. Definitely a healthy snack/addition to a lunch box/pudding.
I’ve used cherries, but any berry would, I reckon, be creative.. follow your taste buds! I was thinking of trying a mango and lime version, just to be really tropical and hang on the last threads of English summer.. Can’t go wrong! Although I probably wouldn’t use apple or orange, or pear.. or anything too juicy or sloppy.
I’ll just get to it as there really isn’t much to say about these except TRY THEM, they won’t disappoint!
2 cups dessicated coconut
1/2 cup shredded cacao butter
2 Tbs coconut butter (or coconut oil)
1- 2 Tbs organic brown rice syrup
3/4 cup halved & destoned cherries
1) In a bain-marie, melt the cacao butter with the coconut butter (or coconut oil), take off the heat and stir in the brown rice syrup and pour into a big bowl.
2) Add the dessicated coconut and stir until completely coated. I decided to blend just for 30 secs at this point to make the coconut easier to squash down firmly and hold together.
3) Gently stir in the cherries so that they are roughly evenly spread throughout.
4) Press the mix into a small tin (I used a loaf tin) I wanted the bars to be thick and chunky. Put them in the freezer to set.
5) Slice them up and devour to your hearts content.. remind yourself there need be no sense of guilt or anguish. Really.. I give you permission to eat them all if you feel so inclined 😉 I’ve been averaging 3 a day since Friday.. there all gone now. Must make more.
I seem to be developing a habit of creating healthy alternatives to old less wholesome classics…
Tell me…what would you like me to recreate next?
As always I love to hear from you, your thoughts and inspirations.