I was a shamefully late to the cinnamon and chocolate party, only this year did I learn that these two are really good friends. Now with this little nugget of chocolate wisdom I feel like the possibilities for festive recipes are endless. But I’ll start here, with Cinnamon & Maca Chocolate Mousse Cups!
I love Maca, for its flavour, and also it’s benefits for our energy and our hormonal system, but it’s not for everyone and you could easily leave it out of this recipe, it would be just as tasty.
These are very decedent, I’ve made them bite sized because thats really all you need.. The base is sweet, nutty with little bitter crunches from cacao nibs, and the mousse is so smooth, silky and delicious!
I love my silicon mini muffin tray for these… if you don’t have one, just be resourceful, I’m sure there is something you can press them into, you could even make it into one big Mousse Tart in a tin.. and just serve up mini slices.
Cinnamon & Maca Chocolate Mousse Cups
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 3/4 dates
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
- 1 Tbs Raw Cacao
- 1 Tbs Cacao Nibs
- 1/2 Tbs Maca Powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbs salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (cold)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 of an nice ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup Raw Cacao
- 1 Tsp Maca Powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- In a food processor, pulse the almonds, dates, walnuts and coconut oil until you have a crumbly texture which is sticky when pressed between finger and thumb. Add the Cacao,Cacao nibs Maca, cinnamon and salt and process to thoroughly combine. You want to keep some crunch from the nuts and cacao nibs though.
- Press the base mix firmly and into little cup shapes, into a silicon mini muffin tray, or whatever you are using, and place in the fridge to set firm.
- Add all the Mousse ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until completely smooth, taste it, add more cinnamon or more salt, adjust to your taste.
- Now simply spoon the mousse into the cups and sprinkle with cacao, cinnamon, and cacao nibs, these are best eaten after an hour in the fridge.
Perfect little treats for a christmas party! No one will suspect they are actually full of nutritious superfoods!
Wishing you all a wonderful time over the festive period.